With ground breaking developments in 2020 for international data flows, some real questions will start to rise in 2021.
- What is the UK’s situation for data flows after the end of the transition period?
- What are the practical consequences of the “Schrems II” case, which invalidated the EU-US Privacy Shield, half a year later?
- Where are we with the new proposed set of EU Standard Contractual Clauses?
- Is a US federal comprehensive data protection law likely to be enacted, with which consequences for global data flows?
- What are the current trends in other large economies: Brazil, Singapore, Canada, China, India?
From global banking and insurance listed companies providing financial services across several countries, to US Big Tech companies, to UK headquartered SMEs, all organisations are affected to some extent, whether in their daily data flows or in their choice of a cloud provider.
During this session, Samuel Plantie, Principal Data Protection Consultant at Gemserv, will draw up a summary of the situation and help navigate this fascinating yet complex topic.
How to register
This webinar is relevant for Data Protection, Privacy, Compliance, Legal & Operations Leaders, and those interested in international data flows.
To register for this event, please click here.