Find out how your business could benefit from the ‘West Midlands Low Carbon and Circular Economy Innovation Fund’.
This virtual event is an early engagement opportunity for you to feed into the development of the West Midlands Low Carbon and Circular Economy Fund, and meet other businesses who are interested in the Fund including Food and Drink manufacturers and providers of low carbon and circular economy solutions.
- Introduction to the West Midlands Low Carbon and Circular Economy Innovation Fund
- Overview of the Made Smarter Fund and how it supports this work
- Understanding the Food and Drink Sector :ambitions and challenges to achieving net zero
- Meet potential partners – Networking session
The West Midlands Low Carbon and Circular Economy Fund
The West Midlands Low Carbon and Circular Economy Fund has been designed to support the development of collaborative projects between West Midlands’ based businesses that can help the deployment of environmentally sustainable approaches and practices in the region’s food and drink manufacturing sector.
Successful projects will undertake feasibility studies that demonstrate how low-carbon and sustainable technologies will be deployed in the West Midlands region to decarbonise operations or enable the new sustainable approaches or products be integrated into activities.
Projects are expected to fulfil one of the following themes:
- Implementing circular economy principles for food waste in food and drink manufacturing
- Decarbonisation of food and drink manufacturing processes
- Sustainable packaging in food and drink manufacturing
The Greater Birmingham & Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership (GBSLEP) will offer up to £30,000 of revenue funding to exemplary projects, with 30% match funding from the project proposal. A total of £240,000 will be available to support these projects from the GBSLEP.
How to Register
If you would like to register for this event, please visit Eventbrite: