At Gemserv, we value the benefits that diversity brings in all its forms. To maximise equal opportunities, staff wellbeing and the potential of our people, we are committed to ensuring the success and inclusion of staff of all social, economic, gender and ethnic backgrounds throughout their life with us.
In order to maintain Gemserv’s Diversity and Inclusion governance and strategy, we operate an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (ED&I) group that leads our initiatives to attract and nurture a range of talent, perspectives and experiences. Through this, we aim to support inclusion and diversity throughout recruitment applications, employment policies, corporate culture and working practices.
Our ED&I Activities
Over the financial year 2022-2023, we have achieved or are currently working on the following activities under our equality, diversity and inclusion programme:
- Established a ‘work from anywhere’ scheme and introduced strategic targets to allow 100% of the company to work remotely, to support a work-life balance for employees with family commitments.
- Engaged in processes to promote gender equality, including tracking pay gap by gender, introducing gender-neutral language in applications and establishing unconscious bias training for hiring managers.
- Carrying out an annual Investors in People survey to track staff satisfaction with employment services at Gemserv and set up workshops to feed in employees’ views about our inclusive packages.
- Supporting disabilities, including achieving Disability Confident Committed status, implementing invisible disabilities awareness signs around our offices, increasing accessibility of our website content and deploying standing desks within our offices.
- Conducted a survey of demographic data at the company, which has allowed us to identify disparities in gender identity and ethnicity across the company and introduce schemes such as Empowering Women in Cybersecurity to address imbalances. We continue to identify where further data can be collected and improvements made across our organisation.
- Established a reverse mentoring scheme, which pairs colleagues across different employee grades to allow staff to share their knowledge and experience and help influence senior stakeholders within the company.