Westminster Energy, Environment & Transport Forum are hosting a conference on the future of the UK’s electricity and gas system – priorities for energy code reform and establishment of the new Future Systems Operator.
The event will be a timely opportunity to discuss plans for energy code reform, including options for code licensing, consolidation and sequencing – following recent consultations by the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
Key areas to be discussed at this event.
- priorities for the FSO – increasing energy security – support for the net-zero transition – integration of new technologies into existing networks
- priorities for regulation – creation of a new code system – support for innovation, smart energy and engagement across stakeholder groups
- energy code reform – options for code consolidation, licensing, and sequencing
- opportunities for market improvements – simplification of rules – increasing accessibility – support for competition
- low-carbon energy – meeting energy security needs – overcoming customer affordability challenges
- long-term policy – developing an integrated whole system approach
Gemserv’s Director of Energy, Miriam Atkin will be one of the expert speakers at this event.
How to Register
To find out more about this event, including how to register please visit the Westminster Forum website.